No time like the present to start practicing for the 2015 Glass Craft and Bead Expo
Glass Cutting Contest!
The popular contest is scheduled to be held on Friday, April 10
from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm on the show stage in the Exhibit Hall. The Glass Cutting Contest is free and open to everyone.
For the 2015 Glass Cutting Contest, Spectrum Patterns are featured and provided in advance.
Start practicing with the patterns and then enter the drawing in person on Friday, April 10 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at the Glass Accessories Int’l (TOYO Supercutters) booth #816,
and hope your name is drawn at 4:30 p.m. as one of the 16 contestants to cut glass in either the Beginners Division of 8 Contestants (up to three years) or the Advanced Division of 8 contestants (more than three years)! (Contestants do not need to be present at the drawing, but must check in for the contest at 4:55 p.m. or an alternate name will be drawn.)
Patterns for Download:
- Use one pattern to cut the clear glass on top of.
- The other pattern is to place your cut pieces on top of.
- You will have 4 minutes to cut as many pieces as possible.
- The pieces will be judged as follows:
- Pieces must fit inside the pattern lines but not be smaller than 1/16” inside those lines.
- The person with the most qualifying pieces wins.
- Tools will be provided or you may bring your own.
- Prizes will be awarded courtesy of our generous sponsors!
(Click on link below, it will appear in a new page or tab. Right Click on the image and select “Save Image As”)
Beginners – Tulip Advanced – Goldfish Super Pro – Nasturtium Super Pro – Nasturtium (Color Version)
Special thanks to:
Glass Accessories International, Spectrum Glass, Hollander Glass, Glass Patterns Quarterly, AAE Glass, Delphi Glass, Pacific Art Glass, Slumpy’s, Uroboros Glass, American Hakko Products, Austin Thin Films, D & L Art Glass Supply, Fusion Headquarters, GlaStar, Glass Craft and Bead Expo, Glasshopper Patterns, His Glassworks, KBW Foundation, Kokomo Glass, Morton Glass, A Sanborn Corporation, and Streuter Technologies.